- About Us
United Service Organizations, Inc. (USO) is a private, non-profit 501(ϲ)(3) organization chartered by Congress and organized under the laws of the District of Columbia (EIN/Tax ID: 13-1610451). Financial and other information about USO’s purpose, programs and activities can be obtained by contacting Donor Services Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org, P.O. Box 96860, Washington, DC 20077-7677, 1-888-484-3876 or for residents of the following states, as stated.
- Michigan: MICS No. CS2387.
- New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm.
- Pennsylvania:The official registration and financial information of United Service Organizations, Inc. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
- Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
- Washington: From the Secretary of State Charities Program at 1-800-332-4483, or www.sos.wa.gov/charities.
CONTRIBUTIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE FOR FEDERAL INCOME TAX PURPOSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. REGISTRATION IN THE ABOVE STATES DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION OF UNITED SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS, INC. BY THE STATE.
More from the USO
Jul 20, 2019
Is the USO a Nonprofit?
At the USO, we talk a lot about what we do, because we believe that the service members who we support are the ones that deserve the spotlight. However, we sometimes don’t talk enough about who we are as an organization and whether or not we are a nonprofit. The USO is in fact a nonprofit, non-government organization and we rely on generous donors like you to fuel our support of the nation’s military.
Jul 19, 2019
Celebrating 'One Giant Leap': Facts About the U.S. Military in Space in Honor of Apollo 11's 50th Anniversary
The military has a long and storied relationship with spaceflight and NASA. With July 20th marking the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 lunar landing, here’s a quick refresher on just how intertwined the military is with the U.S. space program.
Jul 18, 2019
50 Years after Apollo 11 Moon Landing, Army Doctor Takes 'Giant Leap' to Space
Fifty years after Neil Armstrong said, "One small leap for man, one giant leap for mankind," during the historic Apollo 11 moon landing, one U.S. Special Forces battalion surgeon will take the next giant leap into space.